This Pierce-Arrow was discovered in a tobacco barn in Roanoke, Virginia, in 1970 by Ross Myers when he was a student at Virginia Tech in nearby Blacksburg. He recognized the originality as well as the historical significance of the car, as 1929 was the first model year in which Pierce equipped its automobiles with an eight-cylinder engine. Ross was able to persuade his father, Allan C. Myers, to purchase the well-worn but important car. It was pulled from the barn, loaded on an open trailer and taken to its new home in Worcester, Pennsylvania. After its restoration, the car was shown and enjoyed by the Myers family, winning its AACA Senior Badge in 1976. After the death of Allan C. Myers in 1986, ownership of the car passed to his son Ross, who had made the original discovery in Roanoke many years before. Other commitments over the ensuing years prevented regular use of the car, and sitting idle took a toll on its appearance and mechanics. A total restoration was begun in 2016 to bring the Pierce to a standard of excellence befitting the quality and significance that it represented when it was built in 1929.